JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DRIVER / HANDYMAN
The Embassy of the Republic of Estonia in Washington D.C. is seeking to hire the services of an individual for the position of Driver / Handyman. The vacancy is expected to be filled by August 1, 2019.
TYPE OF VACANCY
The vacancy is for a temporary contract of 12 months with the possibility of indeterminate extension.
Terms and conditions of employment will be proposed during interviews with selected candidates.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the provision of transport services, according to diplomatic etiquette, to the Ambassador, VIPs, staff members and visitors
- Maintain the Mission’s vehicles
- Conduct basic maintenance tasks at the Embassy and the residence of the Ambassador
- Undertake deliveries and collections, perform general office delivery
- Assist with administrative tasks when required
- Assist in the set up for events when required
- Permit to live and work in the USA
- Valid Driving License
- Clean Driving Record
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Fluency in English
- At least two years of driving experience, prior job experience as a driver is an advantage
- Team work ability, high flexibility and capacity to work under pressure, efficiency and resourcefulness
- Able to work extended hours and/or after office hours and weekends
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position should send a cover letter, resume and references no later than June 1, 2019 to:
Embassy of Estonia
2131 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.